Saturday 29 September 2012

5x50 Day 21. The Habit is Formed?

Day 21 of the challenge.

This morning I noticed an update on the 5x50 Facebook page, it was a link to the latest blog post over on their website. The blog post really inspired me, I knew the challenge was all about forming habits, that's the main reason behind why I'm taking part - I want to form a lasting exercise habit!

Over on the 5x50 blog Kelly writes "As we’ve already mentioned, undertaking an activity consistently for between 19 and 21 days is known to be habit forming….so….if it hasn’t already happened, then today is the day!"

Amazing! Today is the day that I may have broken through the barrier and into the land of lasting habit. I quite believe it too! I've completed the majority of my 5kms in the evening, last week when I fitted one in early morning by mid-evening I found myself back out doing an additional 5k as I felt like I needed to, almost like by body was expecting it's usual mid-evening trip round the streets of Cove.

I've been logging my progress throughout the 5x50 Challenge on the 5x50 website, it tells me that I've now covered a total distance of 112kms! An impressive distance.

This time next week I'll be getting ready to fly to Zante in Greece for a week, I'm just looking into the best and cheapest way to get mobile data while over there, I really want to continue to log my 5k walk and runs using endomondo.

No comments: